Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A little confession regarding packing for the hospital

I have a little confession to make...
I haven't packed for the hospital yet.  I know.  I know.  I should have done this a month and half ago when I started to go into labor at 25 weeks.  But, I just can't bring myself to get this one thing done.  Why, you ask?  Because packing for the hospital means that I'm ready to have this baby....and I am not ready for this baby.  Despite being on bedrest, and having all the time in the world, I still have so much to do before Micah graces us with his presence (and a lot of it I can't do because of bedrest)!  Nevertheless, here's my checklist:

1.  Make Jared's Father's Day gift (I have such a fun idea for this, but can't talk about it until after it's finished!)
2.  Sew comforter cover for the crib.  
3.  Move furniture into nursery (Jared's job).
4.  Art for nursery walls.
      4a.  Start birth announcement wall hanging.
      4b.  Hang animal print picture.
5.  Buy and start Micah's baby book.
6.  Print out pictures and add to Jesse's adoption book.  (My Mom commissioned a friend to make us this amazing scrap book, and all we have to do is add pictures, captions, and journal entries.  I'll post pictures when it's done.)
7.  Clean the house (difficult when you're on bedrest).
8.  Finish up thank you notes for the people at church who have been so sweet to us during my time on bedrest.
9.  Finish gifts for my Mom, Mother-in-law, and Lizzy (for the lovely shower they threw Micah and me).
10.  PACK FOR THE HOSPITAL!!!!

UGH!  That's a lot of stuff to do!  I think the first thing I tackle will be packing, since baby Micah could come any day, and I would at least like to have my things in order to bring with us (if he comes in the next 4 weeks, we have to go to the hospital that's 2 hours away again!).  And now that I have posted this declaration of getting things done, I feel accountable, and maybe I'll actually start tackling this list.  I'm sure there will be more blogging regarding these things to come.....

1 comment:

  1. Dang it. I went through that list a couple of times to see if there was anything I could do to help. (Not that I am any good at all at getting things done, but I lie to myself and tell myself that I could be. I still have presents for you, Jesse, and Micah in the works.) That being said, if you think of anything that I could do, please please please let me know, and I am on it.

    ReplyDelete