Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Baby Project #2 - Molly

I started a wall hanging for baby Molly a couple of weeks before she was born (almost a year ago now!).  Molly is my sister Megan's miracle baby.  Megan, and my brother-in-law, Justin, had a very difficult time having children, and had 4 miscarriages before God blessed them with Molly.  They have an incredible story about becoming parents, both through foster care and birth, and the lessons God taught them along the way.  You can read about their story and see pictures of my gorgeous niece (and nephew - more on his project later) on Megan's blog.


I wanted to give Molly something super special to welcome her into the world, and record the important facts about her birth.  The teal linen circles are hand appliqued on a piece of vintage linen, and then embroidered.  (Side note: if I ever do this again, I will embroider the circles before appliqueing them.  It was very difficult to embroider through two layers of fabric.)  The little designs are adapted from a book I found at a thrift store on Victorian Stencils.  I layered the vintage linen with cotton batting and another piece of linen, machine quilted around the circles, then applied the vintage bias tape binding I inherited from my Grandmother's stash, using this great tutorial from Oh Fransson.

I can't wait to make one of these for each of my boys!  I'm waiting for Jesse's adoption to be finalized before I finish his, and Micah's will have to wait until he graces us with his presence.  Oh, and by the way, I'm officially 2 months away from my due date today!  I'm so excited to make it this far with this pregnancy, but I'm praying for just a couple more weeks of "baking time."

2 comments:

  1. Amy, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I need to have some babies so I can get one, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. its so adorable!

    ReplyDelete