Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baby Project #5 - Baby shower gift

I love giving kits as gifts, don't you?  Whether it's a popcorn and movie kit (popcorn, movie rental cards, movie theater candy, and popcorn toppings in a big bowl), or a cookie making kit (ingredients for cookies, spatula, cookie sheet, and oven mitts), I think it's so fun to give a gift that has all of the pieces needed to make memories, have fun, or get a job done.  Well, changing diapers is no exception.  Although decidedly not as fun and exciting as baking cookies, it is a necessary evil of all new parents, and I just love the idea of having everything you need in one place.  That's how I came up with the diaper wrap.  I have posted on this blog before about it being my go-to shower gift, but I have changed the pattern a bit due my sister's critique of the changing pad being too small (thank you, Megan).  And now, it's better than ever!


I used some coordinating fabrics from my favorite reproduction 30's pattern stash (the most awesome Christmas present EVER from my Mom!) and some quilting binding I had had on hand.  Besides the changing pad, I also like to give the new Mommy-to-be a couple of newborn diapers, and a package of travel wipes.  I'm in the process of putting together a tutorial for this little present now, but it will take me a little more time to put the finishing touches on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment