Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A girl just can't get ahead!

I wish I was the kind of person who could get ahead!  But no matter how hard I try, I am constantly down to the wire (or over it) with crafting deadlines.  Part of the reason why is that I feel like I need to have all my "other stuff" done before I can start creating.  Why do dirty bathtubs and mountains of laundry call my name louder than fabric and wool?!  I have no idea!  Poor Jared has been waiting since Christmas for his felted zombie (pictures to follow when I finally complete it!)!!!  But I finally did get my act together to turn out two little gifts for some of my sweet friends...and just in the nick of time!
Anna is having a baby boy any day now, so she received a diaper wrap...  Only this time, a friend of mine suggested using iron-on vinyl instead of using the sewn vinyl I had been using on the changing pad.  Who knew something so amazing existed?  It literally changed my life!  :o)

And for my sweet friend and neighbor, Jordan, I made her a little sewn zippered pouch, using a vintage zipper that I inherited from my grandmother's stash.  I found a tutorial here, but I tweaked the pattern a bit so I could use multiple fabrics.
I just love the bright yellow lining!  

Maybe next week I'll be able to get enough done to stock my shop again!  Happy crafting to you!

3 comments:

  1. lovely! I love that cute little zipper bag. I'll have to try one of those. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we lived close to each other and could have crafting dates? Maybe we could work that out. Where are you going to be in 2 years? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where I'll be, but it would be nice to have crafty dates sometimes! The zipper bag was super fun and not too difficult to make! Let's make something together when we see each other in August!!!

    ReplyDelete